CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Take care

Sometimes I feel like I need a caretaker for myself. I feel like I do a pretty good, if not great, job taking care of my son (who is 10.5 months now!), but so much of myself gets tossed by the wayside. I know that is what happens when you become a mother, but now that I am pregnant again, I should be taking much better care of myself than I am.

This pregnancy is going pretty similarly to my last one: lots of marital stress, lots of arguing, morning sickness, weight loss, worrying, etc. However, I cannot seem to eat. I don't find many things appetizing, I gag when I put food in my mouth, and I even have a strong anti-nausea prescription (which I did not have last time). I already weigh less than I have in years. Less than I got down to with my last pregnancy, probably what I weighed when I was a junior in high school, obsessed with exercising and counting calories. I swear I am not trying to do this.

Also, I have forgotten my anti-seizure and anti-depressants the past two days. Yes, I know what can happen if I forget. I just get too caught up in playing with my son or too caught up in thinking about everything else or wanting to sleep when he sleeps that I forget.

I want this pregnancy to go better. I want to be healthy. I want a healthy baby. More than anything. I just don't want to be sad anymore. I don't want to feel trapped.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. :(
    Do you have a cell phone? Back when I used to forget to take pills, I set the alarm on my phone to remind me. Maybe you could try that?
    And many, many e-hugs. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you getting outside in the sunshine enough? It sounds silly, but sometimes just a dose of sunshine and fresh air can do wonders.

    Sorry you're feeling this way :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Hugs Momma. I'm sorry you feel that way. Sometimes making mommy first priority is hard but, very important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion for the pills: if there is anything at all routine about your day, put the pills in the location where that routine takes place (and where your little guy can't reach). Sorry you're having a rough time :(

    ReplyDelete